For additional travel information to Suwon, please visit the Asia-Pacific Urban Forum website.
Every participant needs a visa for South Korea unless you are from one of the visa-free countries, which include EU countries, Canada, Australia, and the United States. You can visit the Republic of Korea Visa Portal at http://www.visa.go.kr to access accurate information about visas and utilize the convenient visa application service. Also participants who require assistance regarding visa application and related matters, including invitations from ESCAP or the host city, are advised to contact the conference organizers in advance for necessary arrangements.
- How to apply Visa :
- Detailed Information for Visa application :
- Find a diplomatic mission :
Nationals of countries/regions eligible for visa-free entry are required to get K-ETA approval to board the flight or ship bound for the Republic of Korea at https://www.k-eta.go.kr/portal/apply/viewstep1.do
A foreigner who plans to enter Korea has to meet the entry requirements as below:
- You must possess a valid passport.
- Immigration officials will reject your entry if you present him/her an expired or fake/false passport.
- You must possess a valid visa.
- You must enter before the expiry date of your visa. Moreover, immigration officials may reject your entry if your Visa type does not match with your entry purpose.
※ You can enter without a visa, if you are:
- A person who will enter the Korea before the expiry date of his/her re-entry permit or has been exempted from his/her re-entry permit.
- A citizen of a country who is exempted in accordance with the visa exemption agreement between his/her country and the Korea
- A person specially approved by the Presidential Decree who will enter the Korea to contribute to international relations, national interests and the tourism industry of Korea.
- A person who has been issued a refugee travel document and will enter Korea before the expiry date
You must not have any grounds for entry restrictions in accordance with the Immigration Act.
Type of Visa and period of validity
- Single-entry Visa : You can enter once before the expiry date
- Double-entry Visa : You can enter twice before the expiry date (6 months)
- Multiple-entry Visa : You can enter unlimited times before the expiry date (1 year, 3 years, 5 years)
Korea is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +9) and does not observe daylight savings time.
Currency in Korea is South Korean Won (KRW) and there are four bill nominations of 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 and 50,000. As of February 2023, 1 US Dollar is equivalent to 1,284 South Korean Won. Foreign currencies are conveniently exchangeable at airports, major hotels, bank branches and foreign exchange booths.
For the latest exchange rate, please visit Currency Converter.
Major credit cards like VISA, Master Card, American Express and Diners Club are widely accepted, but some small shops, restaurants and traditional markets only accept cash. For cash withdrawal or exchange, banks and ATMs are easy to find throughout Korea.
Tipping is not a Korean custom. A 10% service charge is added to your bill at all tourist hotels and tips are not expected. It is not necessary to tip a taxi driver unless he assists you with luggage or provides extra service.
Tax refund is available for a minimum purchase of KRS 30,000.
Tax refunds for non-residents and foreigners:
Standard electricity supply is 220 volts AC at 60Hz (with 2 round holes).
As a leading nation in information technology, Korea provides one of the best internet connections worldwide. Take privilege of the world’s fastest internet speed through Wi-Fi for your convenience during your time in Korea.
- At Coex: Choose “COEX Free Wi-Fi Zone” on your mobile device.
- At Starfield Coex Mall: Choose “Public Wi-Fi Free” on your mobile device.